This 30-minute pasta recipe is a terrific combination of Mediterranean ingredients. Broccoli rabe, with its slightly bitter taste, pairs deliciously with sweet Italian sausage.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble in sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic during last minute.
3. Stir in chickpeas, broccoli rabe, oregano, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 7 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Add 1/4 cup of the pasta water if mixture becomes too dry.
4. While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta following package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
5. Toss pasta with broccoli rabe mixture and 1/3 cup of the cheese. Add some of the reserved pasta water, if desired, to moisten mixture.
6. Serve immediately with remaining cheese on the side.