Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Roast 400°F 15 mins Roast 350°F 45 mins
- 1/2 links pound link hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 links pound link sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1-inch cubes, patted dry
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 large loaf Italian bread
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sausages in roasting pan; rub sausages with oil. Roast 15 minutes.
2. Cut sausages into bite-size pieces, 3/4 to 1 inch; return to pan. Add potatoes to pan.
3. Lower heat to 350 degrees F. Return pan to oven. Roast 15 minutes, stirring.
4. Add peppers, onion and garlic to pan. Roast 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
5. Cut loaf of bread in half horizontally. Cut crosswise into sixths, for total of 12 pieces, or 6 sandwiches. Place equal amounts of sausage mixture into each sandwich. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 451, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 30, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 802, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.