1. Combine beans and 7 cups water in large saucepan. Bring to boiling; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let soak 1 hour.
2. Bring undrained beans slowly to boiling over medium-low heat; this should take about 25 minutes. Simmer until firm-tender, 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups liquid.
3. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
4. Cook bacon between pieces of paper toweling in microwave oven on high power to remove some of the fat, 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
5. Stir together beans, reserved cooking liquid, barbecue sauce, molasses, sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt in large bowl. Scrape into 2-1/2-quart baking casserole or bean pot. Place bacon on top. Cover.
6. Bake in 300 degrees F oven 3 hours or until beans are tender. Add water if needed to keep beans just covered with water. Serve warm.