Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Bake 375°F 45 mins
- 8 slices firm white bread
- 2 scallions, chopped (including some of the green)
- 8 strips precooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, patted dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
1. Coat shallow 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half the bread in single layer in dish, cutting to fit. Cover with half the scallions, bacon, cheese and tomatoes. Repeat for a second layer.
2. Combine eggs, milk, pepper and hot-pepper sauce. Pour over casserole; cover. Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 2 hours.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until lightly browned. If browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 313, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 134, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 778, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.