Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Bake 450°F 20 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 ear of corn
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 12 small cast-iron muffin molds or 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne. In small bowl, whisk milk, oil and egg. Add milk mixture to flour mixture stir until evenly moistened. Fold in corn, cheese, scallions and bacon. Pour into muffin molds or baking pan; spread to edges of pan.
3. Bake in 450 degree F oven 20 minutes or until top is golden and begins to crack slightly. Remove molds or pan to wire rack; let cool 10 minutes. Unmold onto rack.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 151, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 26, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 270, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.