1. Bring large pot of salted water to boiling. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper toweling to drain; crumble.
3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings from skillet. Add apples; cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, until golden and softened; transfer to plate. Add onion to skillet; cook over medium heat 4 minutes.
4. Pour apple juice concentrate, broth and cream into skillet; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add cheese, chives and nutmeg, stirring until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain pasta; add to sauce in skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to large platter. Sprinkle with bacon and apples. Serve warm.