- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, separated into leaves, washed and dried
- 1/4 pound salami, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 jar pepperoncini peppers (pickled hot peppers)
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced sweet red pimientos, drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
Make It Dressing:
1. Whisk together mustard, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until blended and thick. Cover and set aside. Salad:
2. Place lettuce in bottom and up sides of large salad bowl. Arrange salami, cheese, peppers, pimiento and onion rings over top.
3. Serve dressing on side or drizzle over salad.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 251, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 32, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 7, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 1238, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.