- 1 1/2 jars (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small (3- to 4-inch) whole-wheat pita breads
- 12 slices salami
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine
- 1 jar (6 ounces) roasted red peppers, cut into strips
1. Puree artichokes, garlic and black pepper in processor or blender.
2. Slit top of each pita one-third around edge; open pita. Spread 1/4 cup pureed artichoke inside of each. Line each with 3 slices salami, 2 slices cheese. Stuff with romaine. Top with roasted peppers.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 51, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 978, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.