This 20-minute recipe features pasta in a bacon and basil tomato sauce. Use any strands of pasta you have on your shelf--spaghetti, angel hair, or linguine.
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook 5 minutes until bacon just begins to turn brown, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and reserve.
3. Add onion and cook in bacon drippings 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved bacon, tomato puree, vinegar, red pepper flakes and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes on medium-low heat.
4. While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta following package directions. Drain pasta.
5. Toss pasta with sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese and the basil. Serve with extra cheese on the side and black pepper.