Yield: 6 servings (plus 4 cups sauce for second meal) Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium-size onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 pound zucchini, diced
- 1 pound whole-wheat bowtie (farfalle) pasta, cooked
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Italian 4-cheese blend
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add tomatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, oregano and pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Add ribs and cover with sauce. Scatter zucchini over top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Remove ribs and shred meat. Discard bones and stir shredded meat back into sauce; stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5. Stir half the sauce (about 4 cups) into pasta, adding some of the cooking liquid, if desired. Stir in cheese and serve. Freeze extra sauce for future.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 474, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 559, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.