Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours
- 2 pounds thick-cut boneless loin pork chops
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomatillo salsa (such as Frontera)
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 hard taco shells
- Chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, chopped onion, lime wedges, sour cream and sliced radishes (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place pork chops in slow cooker; season both sides with oregano, cumin, salt and black pepper. Add 1 1/2 cups of the salsa, the red pepper, cilantro, scallions and garlic.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5 hours.
4. Remove pork and shred with 2 forks. Return meat to slow cooker. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup salsa.
5. Serve pork in taco shells topped with garnishes, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 361, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 83, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 608, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.