Prep 20 mins Grill 10 mins
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese
- 8 egg challah rolls, split
- 8 tablespoons tbsp dried onion topping (such as Loeb's Onion Crunch)
- Sliced hot cherry peppers (optional)
1. In large bowl, combine pork, mayonnaise, oregano, salt, pepper, thyme, onion powder and paprika. Form into 8 burgers.
2. Cut Manchego into pieces about 1 inch square and 1/4 inch thick. Make an indentation in each burger and insert a piece of cheese into it. Close meat around cheese and flatten burger.
3. Heat a gas grill to medium-high or the coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly grease grates. Grill burgers about 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees .
4. Place burgers on rolls and top each with 1 tbsp of the onions. Add slices of hot cherry peppers and additional mayonnaise, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 621, Fat, total (g): 36, chol. (mg): 135, sat. fat (g): 13, carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 888, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.