Servings: 4 Yield: 5 cups Start to Finish 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound broccoli, trimmed and cut into small florets and stems into 1/2-inch coins
- 3 thin-cut boneless pork chops (12 ounces), thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl combine the hoisin sauce, stock, and crushed red pepper and set aside.
2. In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until just fragrant but not coloring, about 10 to 15 seconds.
3. Add the broccoli stems and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the florets and continue cooking for 2 minutes more or until they turn bright green.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan along with the pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until it begins to color on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside.
5. Pour the reserved sauce into the pan and toss to coat everything well; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 233, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 47, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 8, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 21, vit. A (IU): 560, vit. C (mg): 77, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 61, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 141, Potassium (mg): 646, calcium (mg): 50, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.