Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins Chill 1 hr
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 whole pepperscorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Dressing and Salad
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh kale leaves (8 packed cups) tough stems removed, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved if large
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
Make It Salmon
1. Combine broth, onion, garlic, peppercorns and red pepper flakes in a straight-sided saute pan. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer 5 minutes. Season salmon with salt and add to pan. Cover and cook at very low simmer for 5 minutes. Remove fish to a plate with a large spatula and refrigerate at least an hour. Dressing and Salad
2. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the hot sauce. While whisking, add olive oil in a thin stream.
3. Combine kale, grapes and sunflower seeds in large bowl. Remove salmon skin. Flake salmon into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Pour dressing over salad and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Gently toss to combine.
Make Ahead Tip
- Poach salmon the night before and refrigerate, tightly wrapped in plastic, until serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 339, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 56, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 22, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 23, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.