Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 8 ounces lean ground beef and/or bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1 11 1/2 ounce package (8) refrigerated corn bread twists
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 3 cups shredded taco cheese (12 ounces)
- Crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Sliced green onion (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan; set aside. In a medium skillet cook ground beef and sweet pepper over medium-high heat until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
2. Unroll corn bread dough (do not separate into strips). Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pizza pan. Spread salsa over dough. Sprinkle with meat mixture and cheese.
3. Bake about 20 minutes or until bottom of crust is golden brown when lifted slightly with a spatula. If desired, top with tortilla chips, sour cream, tomato, and green onion. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 465, Fat, total (g): 30, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 15, carb. (g): 27, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 22, vit. A (RE): , vit. C (mg): 15, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 870, Potassium (mg): 179, calcium (mg): 313, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.