Servings: 8 Yield: 8 slices Prep 10 mins Bake 500°F 13 mins
- 1 pound pizza dough, at room temperature, or one batch Basic Pizza Dough (find the recipe on familycircle.com)
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Coat a 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-inch circle. Gently roll up onto a lightly floured rolling pin and unroll onto prepared pizza pan.
3. Spread sauce evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle oregano over the sauce. Arrange mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 500 degrees F for 12 to 13 minutes or until nicely browned on bottom. Remove from oven.
4. Garnish with basil. Cool slightly and cut into 8 slices; serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 207, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 16, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 495, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.