Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Bake 450° 12 mins to 14 mins
- 1/2 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs removed and torn (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound refrigerated or frozen, thawed, pizza dough
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced salami, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet or line with foil; set aside. In a food processor combine kale, basil, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic. Cover and process until smooth. (You should have about 3/4 cup puree.)
2. Roll or press dough into a 15x12-inch rectangle on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the kale mixture over the dough. Top with the tomato slices and salami. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Grilled pizzas: Divide dough portion in half. Roll each dough portion out to a circle that is 10-inches in diameter. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Stack pizza dough rounds on baking sheet, separating rounds with waxed paper or parchment paper. Wrap and freeze dough for at least 2 hours or until very firm. To grill, remove crusts from freezer, discard waxed paper. Do not thaw. Brush crusts with olive oil. For a charcoal grill, carefully slide pizza dough rounds, oiled sides down, onto the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until dough is puffed and in some places staring to become firm. Working quickly, carefully brush tops with olive oil. Using tongs, carefully turn the crusts over and transfer to the back of a baking sheet. For each pizza, spread crust with half of the kale mixture. Top with half of the tomatoes and salami. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Transfer the pizzas from the baking sheet to the grill rack. Grill about 2 minutes more or until cheese melts and crust is crisp. Remove pizzas from grill. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-hot. Place dough circles on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 318, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 34, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 5014, vit. C (mg): 60, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 75, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 503, Potassium (mg): 421, calcium (mg): 192, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.