Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Bake 350° 55 mins to 1 hr Stand 10 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce loaf sliced whole wheat bread, crusts trimmed, and cut into cubes (9 cups)
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits (juice pack), drained
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking dish (3-quart) with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, spice, and salt. Stir in bread. Stir in pineapple ham, butter, and cheese until combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Uncover. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until puffed and set. Remove and cool 10 minutes before serving (bread pudding will sink slightly during cooling).
Make Ahead Tip
- Process crust trimmings in a food processor or blender until fine and use for other casserole toppers.
- Dry bread cubes in a 300 degrees F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes; cool. After transferring mixture to baking dish, cover with foil and chill up to 24 hours. Bake in the 350 degrees F. oven for 40 minutes; uncover. Top with cheese and bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes more or until puffed and set. Let stand as above.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 229, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 117, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 24, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 11, pro. (g): 11, vit. A (IU): 389, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 36, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 406, Potassium (mg): 290, calcium (mg): 162, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.