Servings: 40 Yield: crostini Prep 15 mins Chill 1 hr Heat 4 mins (toast)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small jar (4 oz) pimientos, drained and chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 large baguette, cut into forty 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine cheddar, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until blended and fairly smooth. Stir in pimientos, scallions, garlic powder and cayenne. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Heat broiler to high. Place baguette slices on 2 small baking sheets. Brush on both sides with oil. Toast under broiler (4 inches from heat) 2 minutes. Flip over and broil another 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon pimento cheese on each toast.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 40; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 95, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 163, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.