1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Toss together apple slices and lemon juice in large bowl until slices are well coated.
3. Spread butter along sides and bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Arrange pecans in bottom of pie plate in decorative design; press pecans into butter to hold in place.
4. Sprinkle 2/3 cup brown sugar evenly over pecans. Cover the sugar and pecans with 1 of the piecrusts, gently pushing the crust over the sides and bottom of pie plate, being careful not to move pecans and not tear crust .
5. Mix remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in small bowl. Add to apples; toss to mix.
6. Mound apple slices in piecrust. Top with second piecrust. Crimp edges together; flute. Prick crust in several places with fork to let steam escape. Place pie plate on large baking pan or jelly-roll pan.
7. Bake in 450 degree F oven 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with fork and crust is golden. Let pie rest 5 minutes or until sugar stops bubbling around edge.
8. Invert serving plate over pie; carefully invert both pie plate and serving plate together; carefully remove pie plate. Serve pie warm with vanilla or butter-pecan ice cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.