Makes: 10 servings at 63o each.Prep: 30 minutes. Refrigerate: 1 hour. Bake: at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
1. Mix flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Sprinkle ice water, a tablespoon at a time, and vinegar, over flour mixture, tossing with fork after each addition, until just moist enough to form mass. Shape into 5-inch disk. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
4. Roll out dough on floured surface into 11-inch round. Fit in 9-inch pie plate. Fold overhanging pastry under to make edge; press all around edge with tines of fork.Filling:
5. Heat sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, cloves and salt in saucepan over medium heat to melt butter. Off heat, whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add almonds and hazelnuts. Pour into shell. Arrange pecans in circles, beginning at outside and working towards center.
6. Bake in 325 degrees F oven 50 minutes, until golden brown and knife inserted near center tests clean. Cool.