Rhubarb and strawberries are a timeless favorite. Serve this scrumptious dessert warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Fit one of the pie crusts into a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb, strawberries, sugar-cornstarch mixture and lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Pour strawberry mixture into crust-lined pie dish, leveling slightly.
4. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut remaining crust into 1-inch strips. Interweave into a lattice pattern. Crimp strip edges with bottom crust to seal. Brush crust with milk, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes, covering edge of pie with foil if browning too quickly. Cool to room temperature. Serve slightly warm with ice cream, if desired.