For a traditional banana cream pie, try this classic recipe.
1. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium-size saucepan until blended. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute.
2. Beat egg yolks slightly in small bowl. Whisk in about half of milk mixture. Stir back into milk mixture in saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly. Stir in butter and vanilla.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Place over ice water. Let stand, stirring frequently, until cold.
4. Spread about one-third of mixture over bottom of pie shell.
5. Peel and slice 2 bananas; arrange over top of cream filling. Cover with remaining cream filling, spreading evenly. Place a piece of parchment or waxed paper directly on top of filling. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until chilled and firm.
6. To serve, remove paper and top with whipped cream and remaining banana, sliced.