1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Coat 9- or 10-inch tart pan, with or without a removable bottom, with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray. (If using tart pan with removable bottom, place baking sheet on a lower oven rack under tart pan to catch any drips.)
3. In food processor, pulse together the almond paste, sugar and butter until mixture begins to clump together. Add the eggs; pulse with on-and-off motion until the mixture is well blended, about 10 seconds. Add the flour; pulse again until the flour is blended in, about 5 seconds. Spread the dough evenly over the bottom of the prepared tart pan.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 to 26 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden and springs back lightly when touched with a fingertip. Let the cake cool in the tart pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan to the wire rack and let cool completely.
5. Heat strawberry jelly in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Spread the jelly evenly over the top of the cake. Arrange the almonds decoratively around the top edge of the cake. Makes 8 servings.