Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins to 30 mins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 6 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced lengthwise (2-1/4 pounds total, 9 to 10 slices per pear)
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 8 ounce container low-fat vanilla yogurt
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square metal baking pan.
2. Mix cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a bowl. Combine pears, brown sugar and 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar in large bowl. Sprinkle pear mixture with cinnamon mixture; toss. Pour pear mixture into pan.
3. Stir together biscuit mix, milk and egg in clean bowl. Pour evenly over top of filling in pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake in 400 degree F oven 20 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbly.
5. Serve warm. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of the vanilla yogurt. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 200, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 203, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.