Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated piecrust (1 crust)
- 6 small Jonathan apples (2-1/2 to 3 ounces each), cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Let piecrust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange apple quarters in six 6-ounce custard cups. In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, honey and ginger. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle lightly with coarsely ground pepper; set aside.
2. Unroll piecrust. Brush lightly with milk. Sprinkle sugar evenly over piecrust. Cut into 12 wedges. Drape 2 pastry wedges over apples in each cup, allowing corners to hang over edge of cup. Place cups in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 285, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 135, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.