These pan-fried skinless, boneless chicken breast halves combine a kids' recipe and grown-up recipe in one. For the kids, cut the chicken pieces into strips and for the adults, keep the breast halves whole.
1. Mix flour, salt, black pepper, red pepper and nutmeg on a plate. Place bread crumbs on second plate. Beat eggs lightly on third plate.
2. Cut tenderloins from each breast half; set aside. Cut one of the breast halves lengthwise into 4 or 5 pieces. You should have 3 to 4 whole breast halves and about 9 to 10 fingers, including reserved tenderloins.
3. Coat each piece of chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg, and roll in bread crumbs.
4. Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken breasts and fingers; saute over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for breasts, and 2 to 3 minutes per side for fingers, or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Cook in batches if necessary, adding more oil as needed. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken fingers and breasts to paper toweling to drain.
5. Serve breasts with Pineapple-Melon Salsa and Cheese Fries. For children, serve fingers with ketchup. Makes 6 servings.