Take apple pie in a whole new direction by adding brandy and raisins to this perennial holiday favorite.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Fit one pie crust into 9-inch pie plate.
2. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, brandy, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir until apples are evenly coated. Sprinkle in raisins and stir to combine.
3. Spoon the apple mixture into pie crust. Cut remaining pie crust into 1-inch strips and weave in a criss-cross pattern over the filling. Fold ends under pie crust and crimp.
4. Brush egg wash over the pie strips; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
5. Bake at 425 degrees F for 55 minutes. If edges start to get too browned, cover with foil. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing and serving.