Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Chill overnight Cook 10 mins to 13 mins
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 3/4 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup pasteurized liquid egg replacement*
- 2 frozen regular 9-inch pie shells, baked
- Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl. Let stand until softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir pumpkin, 1-1/2 cups sugar, milk, yolks, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 160 degrees F on instant-read thermometer, 10 to 13 minutes. Add gelatin mixture.
3. Pour into bowl; refrigerate for 90 minutes, until thickened.
4. Beat egg substitute in bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until firm peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Divide mixture into prepared pie shells. Refrigerate overnight.
5. Garnish with whipped cream. Makes two 8-inch pies, 8 servings each.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 233, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 370, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.