1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.Crust:
2. In medium-size bowl, stir together the ginger cookie crumbs, melted butter and salt until well combined. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round pie plate.
3. Bake crust in 350 degree F oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until browned and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.Bottom Layer:
4. In a small saucepan, whisk sugar and gelatin together. Add pomegranate juice, lime juice and grated rind. Heat over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved, 5 minutes. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
5. Once piecrust is cooled and gelatin mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stir in pomegranate seeds. Pour into crust to form bottom layer. Refrigerate 45 minutes.Topping:
6. In a small glass bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup pomegranate juice. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Then, microwave mixture on high for 20 seconds, until gelatin is fluid. Let cool.
7. Once bottom layer begins to set, combine heavy cream and sugar in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar to soft peaks. Slowly add cooled pomegranate-gelatin mixture; beat until stiff peaks form.
8. Remove pie from refrigerator and carefully mound topping over bottom layer. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds and lime zest, if desired. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer, until firm enough to slice. Makes 12 servings.