1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.Crust:
2. Mix crumbs, pecans, butter and salt in bowl until combined. Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate to make firm crust.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.Filling:
4. Heat together the condensed milk and salt in heavy-bottomed, medium-size saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until bubbles just start to form around edge of pan and mixture begins to steam.
5. Add cream and pecans. Bring to a gentle simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour into crust. Let cool on rack to room temperature. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until cold and firm.Topping:
6. Stir together oil, water and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add pecans; stir to coat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Line baking sheet with foil. Pour pecan mixture onto foil. Separate pecans using 2 forks. Let cool. Scatter over pie, and serve with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 12 servings.