1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over bottom of 10-inch nonstick skillet. Drain pear halves; blot dry on paper toweling.
2. Place 10 pear halves, cut side up, in circle in skillet. Fill center with remaining pears. Sprinkle remaining sugar over pears.
3. Roll out crust to 11-inch circle. Spread nuts over crust. Using rolling pin, press nuts into crust; be careful not to tear crust.
4. Invert crust, nut side down, onto pears in skillet. Tuck crust overlap between pears and edge of pan, forming lip.
5. Bake in 425 degree F oven 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Transfer skillet to wire rack; let stand 15 minutes or until pan is cool enough to handle. Invert serving platter on top of skillet; flip tart onto platter. (Can be made in afternoon. Let stand, loosely covered, at room temperature.) Makes 8 servings.