1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Fit one crust into 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. If using fresh peaches, drop whole peaches into boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Place into cold water to stop cooking. Peel skin and remove pit. Slice into eighths.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, 3 tablespoons of the chopped almonds, the brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt.
4. Spoon peach filling into chilled crust.
5. Cut remaining crust into 1-inch-wide strips. Weave strips in crisscross lattice over filling. Fold lattice strips under edge of bottom crust and crimp to seal edges completely.
6. Lightly beat egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush over lattice strips. Sprinkle top with granulated sugar.
7. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and bake 50 more minutes until nicely browned and filling is bubbly. If edges brown too quickly, cover with foil halfway through baking. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon nuts around edges during last 5 minutes of baking.
8. Cool on wire rack completely before serving. Makes 8 servings.