Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr Chill 2 hrs
- Walnut pie is one of the most popular desserts at Moodys Diner, now a well-known American icon located on Route 1 in Waldoboro, Maine. The pie recipe here is adapted from their cookbook.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch piecrust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stir together sugar, flour and salt in medium-size bowl. Stir in milk until smooth. Add eggs, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
3. Scatter nuts over bottom of piecrust. Pour in egg mixture.
4. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or until top is puffed and browned. Cool pie on wire rack to room temperature. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream if you wish. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 578, Fat, total (g): 29, chol. (mg): 105, carb. (g): 77, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 351, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.