This frosty treat features two ice cream layers--chocolate chip and pumpkin. It's a novel approach for a Thanksgiving pie or a refreshing dessert on a summer night.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In food processor, pulse graham crackers to form fine crumbs. Add butter and 1 tablespoon of the sugar; pulse to moisten crumbs. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove to a rack; cool completely.
4. Spread the softened chocolate chip ice cream over the bottom of the cooled crust. Freeze until hardened, about 3 hours.
5. In a medium-size bowl, mix together the vanilla ice cream, pumpkin and remaining tablespoon of cinnamon sugar. Spread over the top of the frozen chocolate chip layer. Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, garnish with chocolate curls if desired. If frozen overnight, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.