Impress your guests with this heavenly dessert recipe. Serve wedges of mocha flan on a pool of velvety smooth white chocolate sauce.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.Flan:
2. Stir together cocoa powder, espresso powder and boiling water in small bowl until smooth.
3. Place 3/4 cup sugar in 8-inch round metal cake pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Very carefully, with potholders, shake pan. As sugar begins to melt, stir until sugar becomes amber-colored; watch carefully since sugar will change color quickly. Remove pan from heat; carefully tilt pan all around until caramel thickens and coats sides and bottom of pan. Let cool.
4. Whisk eggs, yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Whisk in evaporated milk, half-and-half, cocoa mixture and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Place in larger pan on middle oven rack. Pour boiling water into large pan to depth of 1 inch.
5. Bake in 325 degrees F oven 65 minutes or until flan is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from water bath; let cool on rack 20 minutes. Run knife around edge; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.White Chocolate Sauce:
6. Bring cream and sugar to boiling in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate; let stand 3 minutes. Whisk in vanilla until chocolate is melted. Transfer to small bowl; cover and chill.
7. Twirl pan to make sure flan is loose. Invert serving dish with 1/2-inch lip over pan; unmold flan onto plate, letting caramel pour over flan. Slice into wedges. Serve with sauce.