This easy dessert recipe is bursting with ginger. Ground ginger is added to sugar cookie dough for an easy no-roll crust. Plus, ginger flavors the cream cheese filling, providing a delicious base for ginger-flavored pears.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of 9-inch glass pie plate.
2. Work together the cookie dough, flour, molasses and 1 teaspoon of the ground ginger with a wooden spoon in a bowl until well blended. (If the dough becomes too soft, refrigerate it to firm and make it easier to work with, about 10 minutes.) Press dough evenly over bottom and halfway up sides of pie plate.
3. Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Remove plate to wire rack to cool completely.
4. Beat together the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of the ground ginger and the sugar in a small bowl until well blended and smooth. Spread the mixture over the crust, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Arrange pear slices decoratively on top.
5. Heat together the currant jelly and the remaining ground ginger in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Lightly brush the jelly mixture evenly over the pear slices.