Makes 12 servings at 75o each. Prep: 25 minutes. Bake: at 300 degrees for 1 1/4 hours. Stand: in turned-off oven for 30 minutes; at room temperature for 1 hour.Refrigerate: 4 hours.
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
2. Combine 1/2 cup of toffee bits, gingersnap crumbs and butter in small bowl until well blended. Press mixture evenly over the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up side of prepared springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing batter.
3. Beat together cream cheese and sugar in large bowl just until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, on low speed, just until blended, scraping down side of bowl as needed. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into prepared crust.
5. Fill 2-quart baking dish halfway with hot water. Place on lowest rack setting in oven. Position other rack in center of oven.
6. Bake cheesecake on center rack above water in 300 degrees F oven for 1-1/4 hours. Turn oven off; leave cake in oven with door closed for another 30 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool to room temperature, for about 1 hour. Cover with foil. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan. Cut into slices, wiping blade clean after each slice.To serve:
7. Warm caramel sauce in small saucepan. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits. Spoon sauce over individual slices of cheesecake.