Yield: 1 pie Prep 20 mins Bake 400°F 55 mins
- 1 refrigerated box (15 ounces) 2 folded ready-to-use 9-inch pie crusts
- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2/3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Fit one pie crust into 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. Unfold other pie crust. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
3. Combine sliced apples, the 2/3 cup sugar, the apple juice concentrate, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Pour apple filling into crust in pie plate.
4. With pie crust strips, weave a lattice over top of pie. Crimp ends of lattice strips under edge of crust.
5. Brush egg wash over lattice. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
6. Bake in 400 degrees F oven for 55 minutes. If edges begin to get too dark after 20 to 25 minutes, cover them with foil. Let cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 428, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 37, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 72, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 248, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.