Makes: 8 servings. Prep: 30 minutes. Cook: 10 to 12 minutes. Cool: 10 to 12 minutes. Refrigerate: overnight.
1. In a medium-size bowl, stir melted butter into cookie crumbs until moistened. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Refrigerate until ready to fill.Filling:
2. In small glass measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over brandy. Let stand.
3. In a heavy-bottomed medium-size saucepan, whisk together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking, for 8 minutes or until temperature registers 140 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Continue stirring over low heat for 3 minutes, maintaining 140 degrees F.
4. Microwave gelatin mixture on high for 10 seconds, until melted. Whisk into the pumpkin mixture and remove from heat.
5. Pour filling into a large bowl. Set into a larger bowl of ice water and cool for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the consistency of honey.
6. Whip cream on medium high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. With a very sharp knife, cut into 8 servings.