1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate; crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs; beat in flour and then sugar. Continue to beat for 1 minute.
3. Stir in butter and vanilla until completely combined. Fold in chopped pecans and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Pour into the pie crust.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
5. Place remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over top of pie. Garnish with the remaining pecans. Allow to cool completely.