1. Melt butter in medium-size saucepan over low heat. Stir in wafer crumbs; remove from heat. Press mixture over bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm, or use a premade crust.Filling:
2. Sprinkle gelatin over juice in small saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Place over low heat, stirring, until gelatin completely dissolves. Pour into medium-size bowl.
3. Place berries in food processor or blender. Whirl until pureed. Press through fine-mesh sieve to remove seeds.
4. Stir strawberry puree into gelatin. Refrigerate until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 1 hour. For quicker setting, place bowl of strawberry mixture over larger bowl of iced water, stirring frequently until mixture mounds.
5. Gently whisk powdered egg whites into warm water in large bowl until whites are dissolved. Add the cream of tartar. Beat with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue forms stiff glossy peaks.
6. Fold whipped cream into egg white mixture. Fold in strawberry puree until no streaks of white remain. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Makes 8 servings.