With its delicious creamy filling and graham cracker crust, this may not be your traditional pumpkin pie recipe, but it may be your new favorite holiday dessert.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Finely crush graham crackers. Add butter and sugar and mix until all crumbs are moist. Press into bottom and up side of a 9-inch round springform pan.
2. Bake crust at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Place on wire rack and cool completely.Filling:
3. In a small bowl, stir together apple juice and vanilla. Sprinkle gelatin over top and let stand 5 minutes.
4. In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, egg yolks, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking, for 9 minutes or until temperature registers 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Continue stirring over low heat for 3 minutes more, maintaining 140 degrees .
5. Microwave gelatin mixture for 10 seconds, until melted. Whisk into pumpkin mixture and remove from heat.
6. Pour filling into large bowl. Place in a larger bowl filled with ice water. Stir occasionally for 12 minutes or until cooled.
7. With electric mixer, whip cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. When ready to serve, run a thin knife between pan and pie. Remove side of pan, slice and serve.