- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart red cherries
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, the 3/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, lemon peel, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl combine eggs, oil, and milk; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Spread batter evenly in the bottom of prepared cooker.
2. In a large saucepan combine cherries, raspberries, the 1/2 cup sugar, the water, and ginger; bring to boiling, stirring gently to dissolve sugar. Spoon hot fruit mixture over batter.
3. Cover; cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Let stand about 30 minutes to cool slightly before serving. To serve, spoon the warm cobbler into bowls. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 282, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 53, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 57, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 40, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 826, vit. C (mg): 12, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 140, Potassium (mg): 180, calcium (mg): 81, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.