Makes: 12 servings. Prep: 10 minutes. Bake: at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Unfold one piecrust on work surface. With fluted pastry wheel, cut 12 strips, 3/4 inch wide. Reserve two end strips for other uses. Unfold second crust. Fit into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim edge.
3. In small bowl, combine preserves, cherries and rind. Spread over bottom of tart; sprinkle with nuts. Evenly arrange 5 strips dough across top, 1 inch between strips. Arrange strips at right angles to first strips to make lattice.Glaze:
4. Mix egg and water; brush on lattice; sprinkle with the sugar.
5. Bake in 425 degrees F oven until crust is browned and filling is bubbly, 20 minutes. Let cool on rack 10 minutes. Remove pan side.