1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.Fruit Mixture:
2. Mix together the quartered strawberries and cut-up apricots in a 10-inch glass pie plate.
3. With a fork, mix together the sugar, cornstarch and orange rind in small bowl until well blended. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the fruit; gently toss together to coat fruit.Topping:
4. Combine the baking mix, the 1/4 cup sugar and orange rind in medium-size bowl until well blended. Stir in the milk and melted butter with a fork until dry ingredients are incorporated.
5. Using rounded measuring tablespoonfuls, drop about 8 mounds of dough in circle onto fruit, about 1 inch in from edge of pie plate; leave opening in center so fruit shows. Sprinkle dough with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar. Place plate on baking sheet to catch any drips.
6. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 1 hour, until biscuits are browned and fruit is bubbly in center. If topping begins to brown too much, cover with foil. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.