Mashed banana stirred into the custard filling boosts the flavor in this classic pie recipe. Top with an extra generous layer of whipped cream.
1. Line pie shell in pan with foil; fill with dried beans. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on rack.
2. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add milk; cook, stirring, over medium heat to thicken, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Slowly stir 1 cup hot mixture into yolks in small bowl. Stir yolk mixture back into saucepan. Return to medium heat. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, until very thick. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Place plastic wrap on surface. Cool 15 minutes.
4. Slice 1 banana; arrange slices in single layer over bottom of crust. Mash second banana in bowl; stir into custard filling. Pour into crust. Place plastic wrap directly over filling. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
5. Beat cream, remaining sugar and vanilla in bowl until stiff peaks form. Uncover pie. Top with cream. Garnish with third banana, sliced.