Fresh apricots appear in the early summer and are only available for a few short weeks. When you find them, bake these cream cheese filled pastries for breakfast or brunch.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, preserves and vanilla; set aside.
3. Open dough canister, remove roll and gently unwind. Press two connected triangles together to form a rectangle. Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Top each with about 1/4 cup of the apricot slices.
4. Fold one corner of the rectangle over to the middle of the filling, then fold the opposite corner over it, pressing them together to form a tight seal. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Carefully transfer to baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes or until browned. With a metal spatula, remove pastries to a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.