Servings: 10 Prep 25 mins Bake 375°F 1 hr to 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 prepared refrigerated piecrust (from a 15-ounce package)
- Crumb Topping:
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pie Filling:
- 1 1/2 pounds Jonagold apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe Bosc pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare piecrust. Crumb:
2. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and cloves in bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Filling:
3. In a large bowl, toss together apples and pears. In a medium-size bowl, stir together sugar, sour cream, flour and cinnamon and fold into apple-pear mixture.
4. Spoon filling into pie shell; tilt slightly so liquid flows evenly to all parts of pie shell. Top pie with crumb topping, mounding slightly. Place on small foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F; bake 30 to 40 minutes more, until fruit is tender. If topping browns too quickly, loosely tent pie with aluminum foil. Let cool for at least 4 hours. (Can be made a day ahead. Cover pie and refrigerate.)
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 521, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 76, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 155, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.