Servings: 8 Prep 25 mins Bake 400°F 1 hr
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated piecrusts or 1 batch Douple Piecrust rolled out
- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Fit one piecrust into 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
2. Place second piecrust on a cutting board. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples, cherries, 2/3 cup of the sugar, apple juice concentrate, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour apple filling into crust in pie plate.
4. With pastry strips, weave a lattice over top of pie. Crimp ends of strips under edge of crust.
5. Brush egg mixture over lattice. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, until apples are tender. Cover edge with foil after 25 minutes if browning too quickly. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 438, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 77, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 24, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.